Saturday, December 24, 2005

Now that I don't have finals anymore...


...I can make myself a decent breakfast.

I've discovered that Sonoma Jack hot pepper flavored cheese is an excellent filling for omelettes. It adds flavor and heat to the eggs. These mini wheat pitas are decent, but Barbara has inspired me to try making my own. A food adventure that awaits for me this holiday break.

I recently bought some fig jam from a local greenmarket vendor, Beth's Farm Kitchen and have been waiting for the right time to use it. Well, the jam pairs deliciously with nonfat greek yogurt. I wonder whether it can double as an ice cream topping ...I'll have to try that too.

To top it off, I had a refreshing glass of ruby red grapefruit juice, nicely countering the heat of the hot pepper cheese.

Now, if I could only have a breakfast like this every moring during the semester.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

Rose, that does look good! I'm glad you're done with finals and had time to treat yourself to a decent breakfast.
How was annual Jewish Christmas at Chinese dim sum place?

2:18 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Well, it turned out to be Chinese food instead of dim sum, but it was delish. I will post soon!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home