Monday, December 05, 2005

Another year...


...has gone by.

Yes, today is my birthday, a great reason to try a new food destination.

Originally, the Rose clan was going to celebrate at a fancy schmancy UWS (Upper West Side, for all the non-NY'ers) restaurant . Unfortunately, an impending snowstorm has forced Mama, Papa and little bro Rose to stay in the suburbs while I get to blow out my imaginary candles alone.

However, after wallowing in this small bit of self-pity, I am going to take this day as a sign that great things will be coming my way this year.


UPDATE: As it turns out, Papa Rose made it into the city after all (Hooray!). Unfortunately we had already cancelled our reservation at aforementioned "fancy schmancy" restaurant. With only the two of us, we decided to try a more low-key venue, which turned out to be terrific and I hope to put up a post about the experience in the next few days.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my favorite food blogger! Mwah!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Oh crap! Happy belated birthday! Swimster's birthday was on Tues :) HOpe you had a great celebration-love that picture of the cake.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home