Saturday, January 14, 2006

Too Much Information Meme

Mona tagged me for this irreverent meme going around the blogosphere:

Write 10 weird or random things about you that most people don't know about. Then tag 5 others for at the end of the post.

So, here's my stab at it:

10. I have a really funny way of eating deli pickle slices. I eat the middle soft core first, almost slurping it up into my mouth. Then I bite away the crunchy outer core.


9. I cannot carry a tune to save my life. I am so bad I don't even sing in the shower because I can't stand the way it sounds to myself.

8. I figure skated for 11 years, though I never competed.

7. I eat Jewish rye bread pretty strangely too. I like to peel the firm outer crust and eat it before I eat the soft interior.


6. Despite my moniker, I don't really like red roses all that much, I prefer champagne or peach colored varieties.

5. I am a huge Andy Rooney fan! I'll take him over Mike Wallace anyday!


4. I have been practicing Chinese painting and calligraphy on and off since my senior year of high school.


3. My favorite drink is a glass of ice wine. My favorite ice wine winery is Inniskillin.

2. My first formal training in Mandarin Chinese was with a group of first graders, but I was 16 years old at the time! My legs barely fit under the school desks. The kids giggled when I entered the room. (If only my calligraphy looked as good as the image below)

1. I've read Cien AƱos de Soledad by Gabriel Garcia Marquez in the original Spanish. Unfortunately, I don't remember all of it and would like to read it again--if I could ever find the time.


So whose weird ways would I like to know more about?

Well, how about Helen from Grab Your Fork?

Or Adam from the Amateur Gourmet?

Could Kel from Green Olive Tree tell us about some of her stranger habits?

What sort of wacky things does Robyn, aka The Girl Who Ate Everything, do?

And lastly, I'm very curious what interesting things Barbara from Tigers and Strawberries might reveal.

Looking forward to seeing all the oddities we posses :-)

UPDATE: Whoops! Robyn already did this meme and I laughed very hard while reading it. Well, I hope she does it again :-)



5 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

Those are great Rose, thanks for playing!
What got you started with Mandarin Chinese? I'm impressed with your language skills.
And ice skating? That is soooo cool! Every time I go to the ice rinks in the city I'm always envious of the girls who look like they really know what they're doing.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Mandarin is my mother's native tongue, but she never spoke it to me as a child (the why? is a long story involving in-laws and the like).

I haven't skated in sooooo long. I was watching nationals last night and really wishing I could get back to the ice--I probably barely be able to put in a spin at this point :-)

6:11 PM  
Blogger *kel said...

rose, arggghhh you tagged me!! :) it's my first time being tagged anyways so you've the HONOR. No sabia que conoces el castellano. If so, we've quite a lot in common!

k

3:47 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I skated too! Long enough that even after I outgrew my skates I wore them and now I have pointy toes ;D

1:53 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Thanks for visiting Liz!

Wow! You must have skated a lot for it to affect your feet like that. I actually need new skates because my foot grew a bit a few years back, some years after I stopped skating.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home