Saturday, January 28, 2006

The 4x8 Meme

A few weeks ago Kalyn tagged me for another meme going around the blogosphere. Simply it is a list of things you’ve seen and done in your life in groups of 4.

So here goes:

Four Jobs You’ve Had in Your Life:

1. baby clothes retail assistant
2. museum docent/tour guide
3. curatorial collections assistant
4. babysitter

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:

1. Pride and Prejudice (The BBC version with Colin Firth, NOT the new one with Keira Knightly)
2. Eat Drink Man Woman
3. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
4. Happy Gilmore or Billy Madison

Okay, so that's actually five movies--but really, aren't all Adam Sandler movies one and the same?

Four Places You’ve Lived:

1. Chicago, Illinois
2. Beijing, China
3. Taipei, Taiwan
4. New York, NY

Four Websites You Visit Daily

1. Food Blog S’cool
2. The New York Times
3. BBC News
4. Gridskipper

Four TV Shows You Love to Watch:

1. Animal Precinct
2. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
3. 60 Minutes
4. The Charlie Rose Show

Four of Your Favorite Foods:

1. Cheese (pretty much any kind will do)
2. Dark, slightly bitter chocolate (with a high cacao content)
3. Mexican Food (all of it but the pork dishes)
4. Tian bu la (a salty fish ball used in Southern Chinese hotpot)--it means "sweet not spicey" in Mandarin

Four Places You’d Rather Be:

1. Shanghai
2. Paris
3. London
4. Australia or New Zealand

To be honest, I love traveling and I’ve lived both around and outside the US for several extended periods of time, so I’m pretty comfortable being in other places, period. I just love the experience of a new city, new country.

Four People Who Are Now Obligated To Do This To Their Blog:

1. Barbara at Winos and Foodies
2. S’kat
3. Sarah at The Delicious Life
4. Cookiecrumb

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Rose ...and it's up now.

5:27 PM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, I'm so flattered! I'll do mine next.
xx
cc

5:28 PM  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Very fun!! You lived in Beijing!! I've been to Beijing and I loved it. I would love to go there again. I'm guessing now that they are building everything up for the Olympics it's going to be more expensive to visit there. I love to travel too, and want to do more of it. (If only I had more money!)

8:45 AM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Thanks, Rose... the list is up!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home